Monday, March 8, 2010

Fifth Commandment Activities







Fifth Commandment: Do Not Kill (Catholic)

Do I love life in all its forms?
Do I hate someone or harbored hatred in my heart?
Did I have a fight, or try to hurt someone?
Have I hurt someone’s reputation by saying mean things about them?
Do I fail to control my anger or my temper?
Am I purposely mean? Do I say things to hurt people?
Do I fail to help others when they need help?
Do I fail to love my neighbor?
Have I had an abortion or encouraged anyone to have an abortion?
Have I physically harmed anyone?
Have I abused alcohol or drugs?
Did I give scandal to anyone, thereby leading them into sin?
Have I been angry or resentful?
Have I mutilated myself through any form of sterilization?
Have I encouraged or condoned sterilization?
Have I knowingly caused others to sin?


Lesson 19: The Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Commandments of God-(The New Saint Joseph Baltimore Catechism, No. 1, page 90-99). For younger students.

Lesson 19: The Fourth, Fifth, and Sixth Commandments of God- (The New Saint Joseph Baltimore Catechism, No. 2, page 121-126). For older students.

You Shall Not Kill- Stories, crafts, games, prayer, and adventure. (Kids' Travel Guide to the 10 Commandments by Carol Mader, page 64-72).

catholicity.com- Lesson 19 from the Baltimore Catechism (no questions at end of lesson as in the book above)

cin.org- The Baltimore Catechism

scborromeo.org- Catechism of the Catholic Church



Coloring:

saintanneshelper.com- Thou shall not kill (scroll down for this)



Games:

What does the fifth commandment forbid?

The fifth commandment forbids murder and suicide, and also fighting, anger, hatred, revenge, drunkenness, recklessly endangering our health, mutilation, using harmful drugs, and bad example.

Human life must be respected and protected absolutely from the moment of conception. CCC 2270



4 pages of dominos


Look Who’s Growing Dominos- A fun way to educate young students that babies grow into adults to help promote Pro Life.











Look Who's Growing- This game provides an entertaining way to educate students about pregnancy and fetal development to help promote Pro Life.













Puzzles & Worksheets:

web.archive.org- Look under 10 Commandments for worksheets


These activities are free, however they can only to be used for classroom and personal use. They may not be published on any websites or other electronic media, or distributed in newsletters, bulletins, or any other form or sold for profit.


Fifth Commandment- Word Jumble

Do Not Kill- Letter Tiles

Do Not Kill- Crossword



Bible Story:

Cain and Abel

dltk-bible.com- The Story of Cain and Abel (lesson with activities)

missionarlington.org- Cain & Abel lessons with activities

pinterest.com- Cain & Abel activities

calvarycurriculum.com- Cain and Abel lesson #5 with memory verses, circle the correct words, true or false, fill in the blanks, puzzles, and color sheets.

sundayschoolsources.com- Cain & Abel lesson with activities



Coloring

coloring.ws- Cain and Abel - Genesis Chapter 4 Bible Coloring Pages

edupics.com- Cain and Abel




Crafts

dltk-bible.com- Cain and Abel Crafts

pinterest.com- Cain & Abel crafts

daniellesplace.com- Cain and Abel Crafts



Games

daniellesplace.com- Cain and Abel Relay (scroll down for this)

kidssundayschool.com- Does it Please the Lord?

christiancrafters.com- Hear No Evil



Puzzles & Worksheets

dltk-bible.com- anagrams, crosswords, cryptograms, mazes, word mining, word search

wordsearchfun.com- Word Search

The Restored Church of God- puzzles and worksheets

jw.org- What can we learn from Cain and Abel? (worksheet)

squidoo.com- Cain and Abel puzzles and worksheets (scroll down to these)

gracedependent.files.wordpress.com- Cain and Abel worksheet



No comments: